Assistant PGA Golf Professional
Alex is a knowledgeable instructor who is in his third year at Bethlehem Golf Club as the Assistant Professional. He is a Wall of Fame member of Liberty High School due to his scholastic career (1999-2003) and then went on to Davidson College (Division I) on a golf scholarship, where he lettered all four years and captained his senior year campaign. Alex turned professional after graduating with a History degree in May 2007 and travelled the East Coast and Canada playing mini tour events for a year until starting at Bethlehem in May 2008.
Alex has called Bethlehem Golf Club his home course for over 15 years. He began playing when he was 8 at the Bethlehem’s Executive course and molded his game at Bethlehem’s Monocacy Course. Alex was a past winner of the Bethlehem Medal Play Championship and played for years on Bethlehem’s Inter-Club team in GALV matches.
Alex’s swing coach and mentor is Paul Viola, Director of Golf at Bethlehem Golf Club. He has worked with Paul since 2005, and Paul has imparted his swing philosophy onto Alex, which has molded his teaching philosophy. Alex believes in trying to make your golf swing comfortable, consistent, and repeatable instead of teaching one particular swing theory. Alex enjoys teaching beginners to advanced players and treasures teaching junior golfers to reach their potential.
- Over 50 times a winner on the Lehigh Valley Junior Tour (Most wins in history of LVJT)
- 4 year captain and starter at Liberty High School
- 3-time PIAA state qualifier and 4th overall in 2001 PIAA state championship at Penn State
- 2001 USGA Junior Amateur Participant Atlanta Athletic Club
- 4 year letter winner, captain senior season at Davidson College (Division I)
- 2005 Pennsylvania State Amateur Champion (Only Lehigh Valley golfer in 95 year history)
- 2005 Pennsylvania Player of the Year
- 2005, 2006 Lehigh Valley Golfer of the Year
- 2-time Lehigh Valley Medal Play Champion
- 2-time USGA Publinxs (2004, 2005) Participant (Qual. for Match Play in 2004)
- 2005 USGA Amateur at Merion Golf Club Participant (Qual. for Match Play)
- Finished 2nd at Tarheel Tour 2007 Sapona Open (NC) in 1st Professional Start
- 2007 Nationwide Tour NorthEast PA Championship Participant as professional
- 2007 Canadian Tour Times Colonist Participant British Columbia, Canada as professional
- 2008 Lehigh Valley Open Champion (inaugural event) shooting 67-66 at Riverview GC